Things I bought impulsively that I regret about

by - August 18, 2021

Hello everyone!

How are y'all doing? I'm doing fine just usual, a little less sleep but insyaallah will managed to go through whatever I need to go through today. I slept late last night because I've been thinking about last night discussion under the event of my university and it left me very frustrated. I'm not someone with a lot of knowledge so, I'm afraid that I might unable to peel the topic off properly and ended up misleading and that cause me not to talk out my feelings which leave me with this suppressed feelings in my heart. Every actions comes with a price and there's mine. I ended up with an insomnia but until then, the topic is pretty fun. I'll talk about that later on another post.

Anyway, let's get back to the main things!

I'm someone who done things impulsively. I always feel the need to act fast or I'll missed the chance which, caused a lot of problems, honestly. When I was 18, I used to be someone who impulsively tweet about issues ongoing in Malaysia especially, politics, races, and other sensitive things. However, after I think I've matured enough, I realized that I don't really understand what's going on in Malaysia's environment as a whole. Instead, I only cherrypicked the articles and opinions that only fit the narratives of mine. Up until then, I stopped to tweet about such things and focus on things I like instead. I would say my life was so much relaxed and calmer. I realized that not tweeting doesn't mean I did not care about the issue. In fact, it's better for someone who actually have more knowledge on the issue to comment on it compares to me that only read the headlines of the article. Basically, I'm just another tin kosong.

The same things apply when I try to buy something. When I see something on the shelf that I really like, I thought about how I might unable to buy it in the future. So, even when I'm always tight on budget, I'll always ended up grabbing it which, left me suffer at the end of the month because I already used up all of my allowance to buy "that" thing. I was left with regret most of the time but I'll always try to find a way to make all the things that I bought impulsively beneficial to me or my life, in general. And continue on, here are the things that I bought impulsively that I regret about:

Cork Board

My lovely cock board with picture of Taehyung and some free gifts I got from the shop
This particular cork board was bought by me to put up business card from small business that I've received and also put up some memo for my studies as well as, decorating with some of BTS' stickers and banners. However, when it arrived at the front my doorstep, it turn out to be smaller than I thought. Not to mention it arrives so late that I almost cancelled the order but thinking about the seller I don't. The reason I regret buying it because it's small, it's expensive, and I would say it's a waste during that time I bought that because I don't have study table. As of right now, the direction for this cork board have change so, I put up some pictures that I got as free gift since, I'm currently on semester break so, there's no memo to be put. I also put my phone case and markers for book reading and studies and that's how I overcome my regret for the cork board.

Ring Light

I'm sorry for the dust
Moving on this ring light. I don't really remember the measurement but I think it's around 26cm diameter. As for the ring light, because of the dream of 20 year-old Sabrina Yasin becoming a small business owner and this is a little bit embarrassing but, also a Youtuber. I bought this ring light. Everytime I think about it, I feel I'm so stupid but I've already bought it and it works well so, what can I do? The reason why I regret buying this because if I wait a little bit more, I could get a bigger one because I remember after I bought it there's like flash sales on the one with bigger diameter with RM5 to RM6 differences compared to mine. Also, the dream I thought about, it's did not happened so, yeah. Anyway, as of currently, I've been using it as my study lamp together my stand so, I don't really regret about it now but there's still tiny part of it, actually. I regret it so much.

Wireless Keyboard

The color was pretty pale, right? Luckily it matched my tumblr
I actually saw this keyboard on Tiktok. When I first saw it, I thought it's pretty cool but it doesn't match my aesthetic so, I think I'll passed it. During that time, I've also been eyeing wireless keyboard on Shopee and Lazada because I really need it for eye care and my bad back posture. However, I got a little bit too excited when I saw it in Mr. DIY because I've never own a wireless keyboard so, I ended up buying it. I'll forever remember the price RM33 which, basically almost 3/4 of my allowance. I regret it so bad. I regret it after 10 minutes I used it on my laptop. I've not yet overcome the regret so, we will need to wait for that. I'll keep you up to date about it if it's still with me within this month.

Huawei Matepad T10

I love this song so much!
This is one of the most expensive things that I bought impulsively that I regret about. I desperately want a tablet because I want to try digital drawing which, I'm not even good at in the first place. My aim for the tablet is that I want it to have big screen. My first thought is that I would go for Teclast P20 because I've heard a lot about it on Tiktok and it might be a good choice. Actually, I wouldn't say that the tablet was bought impulsively, because it took me two weeks actually to properly decide which one that I would go for. Some of the model that I took into consideration includes, Samsung A 8.0 and Alldocube tablet. The reason I regret about is the same as the ring light, I could get better options if I wait a little bit more. Also, it's very hard to use since it doesn't have Google apps and I tried to use third party app for it like Gspace but it keeps crashing down. However, I managed to work through it using the Quick App offered by Huawei under Petal Browser. It's basically work like a shortcut to the web that I want like Youtube, Meet, Classroom. Of course, it wasn't perfect like the actual app, missing some features but it works great for me. So, I don't really regret it now. As for the drawing part, I'm still working on it. So, wish me luck!

And there are the things that I impulsively bought that I regret about but I managed to utilized it. This is probably the longest entries which, I don't blame you guys for skipping it. The thing I learnt from acting impulsively is that the importance of thinking and having a lot of knowledge by gathering information before taking any actions. I think I failed to think about the alternate aftermath most of the time because I'm too focused on the aftermath that I want that caused regrets, fights, and all the bad things. However, I also think that acting impulsively could lead to something good if people know how? If that makes sense. Like, how doctor managed to examine their patient just by looking at their physical condition since, they're always need to act fast but at the same time, not making any mistakes. So, what can I say is knowledge is the key to everything, if the doctor doesn't have knowledge on medical things then, their impulsive act might cause something bad too.

I think I got a little bit too deep compares to the title of the entry but it's been fun. I would love to listen to your thoughts on it, of course. 

Thank you for reading, see you next time!

Love,



You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I think it's a bit far fetched to say doctor are impulsive lol. There's years of experience and tbh, you can't really decide much in the short first visit so there's a standard way of approaching. That's a good way actually, to help with impulsiveness because I am an impulsive person too! It has become a standard for me now to really question myself before buying something and either I got one very good reason or multiple reasons to back up each other. That doesn't make much sense but it works for me lol. Also I start factoring in if it will make me happy. Anyway, put lots of pictures on that cork board like really cramp it! Nothing can ever go wrong putting on memories on display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad, since I'm not in the field and I said that based on the things I've watched lmao I'm sorry about that. Thank you for the suggestion, I've a lot of unused polaroid maybe, I might pinned it up my cork board.

      Delete
  2. I do this a lot too but as time passed I began to accept it and that there's something you can learn from your past behaviours. My sister often reminds me not to downgrade or blame myself for the things that I did. It's not healthy. So, I accepted it and felt so much better. There's always a reason why we did what we did and that's very normal. So, don't worry too much about it. *wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I believe in the same thing as to why we went through that things, there's always hikmah in everything.

      Delete
  3. A good sharing, got to say. I guess all people do the same but fret not, things already bought and what else than using it maximizes as we can, isnt it? I usually place those kind of things at a place where I can see them often. So that my brain can think well on how to use it better. Nonetheless, it does takes time and I feel you :(

    ReplyDelete

Congrats for reaching the bottom of this post!
Leave your thought here, thank you!