Maybe I don't want to be normal

by - August 22, 2021

Hello, everyone!

How's everyone doing? Today's weekend so, I bet everyone's having fun, right? I'm doing great. I spring cleaned my house today and feel a little bit tired but it's worth it. For me, nothing is more satisfying than having your home neat and tidy. Other than that, I did nothing much because I'm too tired to do anything. These past few weeks, I've been trying out a lot of Korean food recipe. However, I forgot to take a picture of it so, I'm kind of reluctant to share it on the blog but I swear to god all of them are so good! I'll make sure to share it if I take any pictures of it.

Photo by Insung Yoon from Unsplash

Going back to the title.

For the past few weeks, I've been thinking about how I wasn't special. I often created scenario in the back of my head with question

| What's so special about you? 

And each time I asked myself that, I answered it with:

Nothing.

Because apparently, there's no talent within me. Maybe, because I've never try but as of now, there's nothing that I can say, with confidence:

| Yo, I'm pretty good at it

Actually, I've been thinking about giving up some of the hobbies that I've already tried because I realized that I'm not really good at it. I'm thinking that being normal is alright. I don't have to be good at anything. It's alright. But, I'm trying to be honest with myself. Is that what I really want? Being boring, seeing other people get what they want because they've more to offer than you. Are you willing to go through that?

Truth to be told, no. I don't want that.

I want to live doing many things in this world because I only live once. There are so many options of hobbies that I can choose so, why should I stop just because I'm not good in one of them. I want to keep trying. If I happened to not be good at it, please. Let me at least, enjoy them. I keep reminding myself that my first time doesn't have to be perfect because I'm a learner. Learner doesn't have to be perfect.

Therefore, I don't want to be normal.

Love,




You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. saya pun selalu rasa diri ni takde talent, tak banyak bakat yg saya pandai
    dah 5 tahun saya belajar benda-benda yang melibatkan graphic design, sekarang kerja pun jadi graphic designer. masa belajar dulu saya rasa design saya dah cukup power sebab selalu dapat markah elok je. bila sekarang ni dah kerja, terus rasa sebenarnya saya tak bagus langsung kalau nak bandingkan dengan orang lain. banyak yg saya lack. so sekarang, saya rasa saya takde apa2 bakat pun hahaha... sedihnya hidup! tapi tu jelah benda yang saya boleh dan pandai sikit buat, scuma belum tahap god jela xD semoga hari-hari jadi lebih baik jelah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relate to this a lot. I love to do multimedia things to like poster and video editing. Everyone around me kata semua cantik hahaha but to compare myself with someone else, memang rasa diri kecil sangat.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I feel you when this kind of thoughts come across in my mind.

    " I have nothing to offer and I'm not that special "

    But after a while, I think I shall just accept the way I am because the journey to get to know myself is endless. I'm sure we will discover our own strength in right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I always feel like this, I still believe everyone shine in their own way and just like you said, it'll come at the right time. Insyaallah.

      Delete
  3. I believe it's good. I've been into Korean Food Recipe as well and I love what I made. Same here, I never get to share it because most of the time all the food gone already. Everyone is unique and special in their own way. Trust me. *wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kannnn somehow, the recipes are so fun and easy hahaha. Campak-campak dapatlah Korean Fried Chicken ke, Tteobokki ke.

      Delete

Congrats for reaching the bottom of this post!
Leave your thought here, thank you!